Urogynaecology specialist in Pune
Urogynaecology - Urologist Pune
Urogynecology is a sub-specialty of Gynecology, and in some countries is also known as Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery. Urogynaecology specialist in Pune from our clinic manages clinical problems associated with dysfunction of the pelvic floor and bladder. Pelvic floor disorders affect the bladder, reproductive organs, and bowels.
Our urogynaecology clinics provide assessment, investigations and treatment for women with urinary incontinence, vaginal prolapse, recurrent urinary tract infections, bladder pain and pelvic floor injury after childbirth including urinary incontinence.
We performed urodynamic investigations and sling surgeries for urinary incontinence and pelbic organ prolables.
Conditions and treatments
Our urogynaecology service treats a number of issues in women, including urinary incontinence, vaginal prolapse, recurrent urinary tract infections, bladder pain and pelvic floor injury after childbirth and faecal incontinence. Treatments can involve physiotherapy, surgery and more interventions, including:
- Vaginal prolapse: Physiotherapy
- Recurrent UTI: Medication, voiding technique advice, clean intermittent self-catheterisation (CISC) if the patient has residual urine
- Bladder pain syndrome treatment
- botox injections
- Urinary Stress Incontinence Sling is a vaginal procedure that uses a thin permanent mesh under the urethra to control urine loss during coughing, sneezing, laughing or any other activity that increases abdominal pressure and causes urine leakage.
- Urinary Urge Incontinence (OAB) and/or Fecal Incontinence is the involuntary loss of urine or stool. When other modalities of treatment, such as medications have been unsuccessful, there is another option called InterStim. InterStim therapy is a proven neuromodulation therapy that targets the communication problem between the brain and the nerves that surround the bladder or rectum.
- Bladder Repair (anterior colporrhaphy) Surgery This involves the vaginal repair of dropped or prolapsed bladder. The anterior “skin“of the vagina is opened vertically and dissected laterally to reinforce the weakened support under the bladder using either sutures or mesh graft. This is done under general anesthesia or regional (spinal block). There are no external cuts or stitches.
- Vaginal rectal repair or rectocele/enterocele repair (posterior colporrhaphy) is the vaginal repair of the weakened support that causes bulging into the posterior lower and upper part of the vagina using the same technique as the bladder repair, performed with or without mesh graft augmentation. No external incision.
- Vaginal prolapse repair or vaginal vault suspension is a vaginal procedure that uses minimally invasive techniques to reattach and anchor the upper vagina (vault) to firm ligaments deep in pelvis using mesh grafts or permanent sutures. This is usually done in conjunction with an anterior (cystocele) repair and posterior (rectocele) repair as part of pelvic reconstruction.
- Suspension of Prolapsed Uterus is a vaginal technique employing permanent vaginal mesh as part of a prolapse repair that attaches to the lower uterus and helps support and prevent further prolapse of the uterus. In cases of extreme prolapse, it may be best to remove the uterus vaginally (vaginal hysterectomy) and support or suspend the upper part of the vagina with permanent sutures or mesh graft.